Job vs freelance developer

Hi, while I am still in the learning phase but I wanted to ask whether going for a job is a better way to learn or freelancing.
I asked a friend and he said a job would definitely teach you a lot more and a lot better than being a freelancer.

I am learning to start freelancing because I did;t wanted to get a job and work 9 to 5 but if that is a better way to learn I should go for it

any help, please?

1 Like

I think a job would help you develop better. But in the beginning, take what you can get. When I started out, I took a few freelance jobs to get some experiences. I have every confidence that it helped me get my first job.

But if you can get freelance work and you can support yourself with that and it makes you happy, then go for it. There are some things you can only learn on a job - but those tend to apply to working jobs. Working jobs you will also learn by osmosis because you will be surrounded by talented people - you will see their work and they will comment on yours. You will also be forced to learn things that you may not have bothered learning on your own.

But if it makes you happy, go for it. My big suggestion would be to make an effort to keep expanding your knowledge and tools.

2 Likes