Just finished the YDKJS book series

So I just finished reading the 6th and final You Don’t Know JS book, ES6 & Beyond. This is more like a review kind of post.

I must say, reading the YDKJS book series has been a great journey which taught me a lot about JavaScript. And I mean a lot. Can’t wait to start putting what I’ve learnt to practice. To anyone who might be considering this book series, then stop considering and start reading. Trust me, your time won’t be wasted. Gotta admit though, I surely haven’t understood every single thing 100%, would need to review some stuff at some point, and it’s really hard to remember every single thing in the books (will surely keep using the books as reference). Some of the examples were also a little too complex. Nonetheless, I believe one could get a firm basis on JavaScript to build on from the books.

To anyone who has finished the book series, I truly congratulate you, because in my opinion it’s an accomplishment.

That’s about it really, just thought I’d share this with other campers. Feel free to ask me any questions related to the YDKJS book series.

7 Likes