Learning buddy (python)

Hi there! I’m 21 year old and trying to start coding! I’m looking for a learning buddy who’s a complete beginner as well. I started with Python a couple of days ago and thought it could be more fun to study and practice together.

2 Likes

hey , im tryna learn python as well and i was looking for someone to study with .

1 Like

Hi,
My general areas of interest are the following, Learning Python, how to use Pycharm (Community Edition) with the embedded app, - Code with Me, Midi programming via Python, Python programming in general. Unrelated to my interest in programming skills, I enjoy playing music, electronics, auto mechanics, home improvement.

My immediate goal would be to find someone (a buddy or 2) to learn how to use the Code with Me – App in Pycharm Community Addition. I do not care what the initial project would be, however it should be a somewhat low level. This way it will not preclude novice programmers. Nor do I care if someone else runs (set permissions for the meeting), I can be a good follower. My guess If this works, all involved will have at least an IDE learning experience and an introduction to Python.
Thank you
Jef

3 Likes

Hey there Jef,

I have PyCharm community edition installed, I wouldn’t mind collaborating with you and installing that plug-in to work together. (The code with me app). Funnily enough, I have similar interests to you outside of coding, I think we can make this work. As for low level projects, I’m thinking of ideas to come up with at the moment. We can definitely work together, let me know if you want to do this. It’ll be amazing to work together and to potentially put this on a portfolio later on in the future to showcase our work.

1 Like

I forgot to mention, I’m also a beginner in Python, and am still learning how to code. So, we can help each other if need be.

1 Like

The first time I sent this message it did not go through?
Hi Edlun,

I hope my picture does not scare you. It sounds like it could be a great collaboration. I am somewhat flexible (retired) so why don’t you pick the time.

Thank you,

Jeff Reed

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 3:02 PM Edlun Gault via The freeCodeCamp Forum <notifications@freecodecamp.discoursemail.com> wrote:

45x45 Egaul98
May 17

Hey there Jef,

I have PyCharm community edition installed, I wouldn’t mind collaborating with you and installing that plug-in to work together. (The code with me app). Funnily enough, I have similar interests to you outside of coding, I think we can make this work. As for low level projects, I’m thinking of ideas to come up with at the moment. We can definitely work together, let me know if you want to do this. It’ll be amazing to work together and to potentially put this on a resume later on in the future to showcase our work.

I don’t know if this reply ever occurred? I am still learning,
Thanks jef

It’s fine, I replied to you via 2 comments… but if you’re still learning that’s okay. Good luck with your ventures!

Hi I think that is a great a idea to find others to practice with! Maybe even from this thread alone we'd be able to create a simple discord server with the people in here and hold a study session daily, weekly, both, or really just when convenient. I just began learning python in my boot camp and would like to find others I can practice with as well.

2 Likes

Hi @Djin @Egaul98 @Jef , if you guys have the accessibility, time, room or members. I would love to part of this wee cellular community. I also am seeking any and all Bro’ship…

Hello all, I would love to join a learning community. Pretty Please and Thank you. This is such an exciting journey I don’t wish to travel alone. I would love to have people I can share my Python learning experiences.

Hey! I need help too

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.