Below is my completed landing page project. I would love to hear any feedback or constructive criticism you have. I created this with a mobile first approach. I coded this on my laptop, so I’m not sure what this will look like on desktop -sized viewports. If anyone has any tips for coding responsively for desktops on a laptop, please let me know!
My project: https://codepen.io/jordanbussiere/pen/eYZegdN
Hey Jordan, nice work! Fantastic job with taking a mobile first approach as that tends to be the majority of most website visitors these days. I also like that you have a section for people to sign up to the newsletter. I should have thought of that when I was making my landing page aha.
Here are some possible ideas you can work on if you have the time:
- Fixing the middle section layout for wide desktop screens.(I’m at 1920 pixels wide if that helps)
- Make the top navigation bar’s text a bit larger and easier to read
- Increase the font size of your footer items and perhaps tighten the size up so it doesn’t take as much height. Some more contrast between the font color and background color could help with legibility as well.
- Have some fun by throwing in one or two google fonts.
I think that’s enough suggestions from me, heh. Great work so far! Feel free to ask for clarification.
Thanks so much for the feedback!! The picture you added helps a lot!
Your page looks good @jordanbussiere. Some thing to revisit;
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
- There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.