My Personal Portfolio - feedback appreciated

Hurray, I made it to the end. I completed all challenges in the RWD and claimed my certificate. As always, I made the website fully responsive. You can check it and any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
My Portfolio

I’d like to share my experience with freeCodeCamp
Firstly, I thank the creators of freeCodeCamp. Secondly, I thank all the people who helped me with their suggestions in the process of learning RWD. It’s been a great learning experience with you all.
One question to you all, Can I put these projects on my resume?. I’m in my junior year of
Engineering. Any career suggestions would also be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @naveennavy219!

Congrats on finishing the first certificate!

I think your page looks good.

While these projects are a good stepping stone towards becoming a web developer, I don’t know if they are complex enough to put on a resume just yet.

I would suggest looking at internship requirements in your area and looking at the basic qualifications. Most of the ones I have seen do ask for some basic programming experience. Since you haven’t learned a programming language yet I might hold off on putting the RWD projects on the resume until you go through the front end certification IMO.

But you should still be proud of what you have accomplished so far.

Also, you might consider opening up a separate topic for career advice.

That way people can stick to providing you project feedback in this post and provide career advice in another post.

Happy coding!

1 Like

Thanks, @jwilkins.oboe. You have always been one of the great supporters of my work.

1 Like

Your portfolio looks good @naveennavy219 but you shouldn’t have claimed your cert yet. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>)
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 11/12 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue. (Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message.)
  • Mentioned this to you in other reviews. Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • The validator is something you should keep, and use, in your toolbox.
  • Issues with your last project were not addressed.
  • I randomly looked at another of your projects. The survey form
    • There’s an excessive use of the <br> element. Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • There’s a lot of similarity between the sample and your project. Make the project from scratch, with your own code, style and content. Don’t take code from the sample project.
    • The projects aren’t just another challenge. Each one is meant to be a significant step in your progress. Every project you do will require research, planning, trial and error, and strengthening your skills beyond what you gain from the incremental challenges.

I’m not trying to be harsh or a naysayer, just giving honest feedback. This is a hard journey, there are no shortcuts.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.