My personal portfolio: feedback

Hello!

What do you think about my portfolio?

I’d really appreciate your feedback, thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a copy/paste from another portfolio project I reviewed a few hours ago but it applies.

One of the first things I check is responsiveness to increases in text size. I’m seeing some issues when I increase the text size on your portfolio page. If you don’t know how to manually increase the text size, using Firefox, goto Edit->Preferences, scroll down to Zoom and activate ‘Zoom text only’. Then while holding down the Ctrl key scroll your middle mouse button to increase the text size. I don’t think it will take long before you see the issues I am seeing.

One suggestion I would make regarding this is that if you have to set height/width on elements with text content you should probably use em units, that way the element grows as the text size increases.

2 Likes

Thanks! :pray: I have to admit that I haven’t checked how does the website respond when changing the text size.

Maybe it looks similar because it is rebuilt Kent C. Dodds website :slight_smile:

Just to be clear, I didn’t mean that it looks similar to another page, I just meant that it suffered from the same issue (lack of text size responsiveness).

1 Like

It’s very impressive, you might want to add your resume somewhere close to the top.

Also I loved your first major project, was that your idea o part of the CS50 curriculum?

1 Like

Thanks! I’m really happy that you like it :slight_smile:

Great idea with adding the resume somewhere, I’m going to do that :ok_hand:

This is what they say in the course:

All that we ask is that you build something of interest to you, that you solve an actual problem, that you impact your community, or that you change the world.

And because I’m a little bit crazy when it comes down to habits and routines, I decided that I’ll build a habit tracker :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.