Some Feedback on my Portfolio page?

Hi! I would like your feddback on my Portfolio page. All coments welcome. Have mercy on me, please!

Quim’s personal portfolio

Thank you!

HI @quim.vinyes !

Welcome to the forum!

I think your page looks good.

You have a small error in your css concerning a misspelled word.
Run your code through the codepen analyzer to fix the issue.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

You do not want to do the following:

html {
	font-size: 0.6vw;
}

This prevents the user from manually increasing the text size if needed. Instead, the text size is solely based on the width of the view port. What if the user can’t widen their browser enough to make the text big enough to read? For accessibility, the user should always be able to manually increase the text size.

I would recommend you not set any default font size, just allow the page to use whatever default font size the user has set in their browser. Then use em or rem units to make relative changes to the font size for various elements on the page. But if you really do want the font size to be somewhat proportional to the width of the view port then you can do something like:

font-size: calc(1em + 1vh);

Using this method, the font size is guaranteed to be at least as big as the default font size set in the browser and then it can grow a little bigger as the width of the view port gets wider.

2 Likes

Hi, Jessica!

The truth is that I was seeing something strange with my images’ behavior, and I didn’t find the problem. It was that line.
You have been a great help.

Thank you so much!

Hi, Bruce!

Thank you for your feedback. I have applied your advice.
What you tell me makes a lot of sense, and I didn’t realize it.

Thanks again for your explanation!