My real world project that helped people in India

Hi Everyone,
I want to share one of my projects that helped the people of India in finding Resources and verified leads on Covid Resources like oxygen beds, Remdesivir, and Food, etc.

This website has helped thousands of people find beds and get notifications over the mail whenever a vaccination slot is available for them.

Created this website from the ground up using Next.js, Tailwindcss, and AWS.

I’m writing it in the FreeCodeCamp forum because this is where I learned all the fundamentals and skills required to develop real-world applications. All the concepts, tutorials, fundamentals, and technologies that I’ve come across are related to FreeCodeCamp (Their curriculum and the emails sent by Quincy - I studied through free courses).

If you’re trying to code, that is the best way you could help someone in need, sitting at your home.

Just wanted to share this small achievement.

Thank you, and stay safe.

Manu A.

Reach out to me in case you need any help with coding or programming in general. I’ll try to be more active here and give back to the community as much as I can.

11 Likes

This is so nice. Good luck in your future stuff!

1 Like

Awesome!
I give you 3 thumbs up and a clap! The highest rating possible in my personal made up rating system :grinning: :grinning:

:+1: :+1: :+1: :clap:

1 Like

Thankyou so much, would love to adapt this rating system though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you so much. :’)

Hi. Kudos for what you’re doing, but we don’t allow people to use the freeCodeCamp forum for promotional purposes. If you would like to be one of the developer authors for Free Code Camp News, you can find everything you need to know in the Publication Style Guide, or read here about how to contribute to freeCodeCamp’s YouTube channel. Alternatively, you can find everything else about contributing to Free Code Camp in the contributing docs.

We have unlisted this topic. If you would like to edit it and remove the links, we will gladly relist it once you have done so.

2 Likes

Made the changes, It wasn’t promotional though just wanted to share it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for making the changes Manu.

We sincerely appreciate your work and trust me when I say this: Our country does need all the help it can get.

That said we also appreciate your understanding that this community forum does follow a very rigorous code of conduct. Unfortunately, it also means we have to disregard all intent and stay objective to all posts when making a decision.

In this case, we can’t allow you to post a link to your blog, sadly.

Now that you have made the changes we are more than happy to re-instate the post.

That said, we would love for you to check out our publication, and the guide that Nick mentioned earlier. I sincerely think writing for the publication about how you used Next.js Tailwind and AWS etc,. will benefit a lot of our audience.

If you think that is something that will interest you please check it out.

Personally, I am inspired by your work, and I think I share the voice of all of our team and moderators.

Good luck & keep up the good work.

6 Likes

Thank you, I understood your point. Will definitely try writing for the publication as pointed by Nick.

Thanks,
Manu A.

3 Likes

You did the best things everyone should do:
Create a project to help people
Back to the source you’ve learned from and say: Thank you

Great work, hope you all success. :wink:

2 Likes

I think what you did is great.
I also agree that writing about the project for freeCodeCamp news is a good idea.
Let me know if I can be of help with editing the final draft.
And, thank you. India needed this tool, and others could learn from you to help create it for their homeland.

1 Like

Hi,

Can you please guide me on the process for the freeCodeCamp news you mentioned? I’m having a hard time figuring it out myself.

Thanks.

Hi,
Things have changed a little since I was a Medium.com editor for freeCodeCamp (a couple of years ago).
But this article should help:
How to Write for freeCodeCamp News.

1 Like

I’ve applied, Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

Great! I can’t wait to read it.

Hi @KoniKodes and @nhcarrigan,

Reaching out to tell you that today I wrote my first blog for freeCodeCamp publication. I’m thankful to you for letting me know that I could do something like this. :slight_smile:

Thanks to both of you!

2 Likes

Wonderful! Can you share the link so we can read it?
I am so excited for you.

Sure, here’s the link:

Again, thankyou so much for guiding me through! :slight_smile: