Never completed even the original tribute page - Should I just start the new program?

Hi everyone. So on and off for the last few years, I’ve done and re-done the original front-end development program up until the tribute page, and through confusion or other reasons, I’ve ended up just stopping right there. I want to start again, but I saw Quincy’s new certificates post, so I want to make sure I’m doing the best thing. Do I need to start doing them instead of the original program, and is it best to do so?

I think you’re just procrastinating with your questions.

Plow through it.

The printed/virtual certificate isn’t the most important thing.

It’s the personal knowledge and skills learned.

I appreciate your response, and you’re right, part of it probably is procrastination. My question was, though, should I just abandon what I’ve gone through in the original program, which was only up to the tribute page, so 140 lessons in, and just start the beta?

Eventually (known as “soon” in developerspeak), the beta site will be gone and the new challenges will be added to freecodecamp.org. That doesn’t mean that your beta account will become your account after the update. It means that your beta account will be deleted.

So everything I’ll have done will be lost?

Only what you do on the beta site. The beta site exists only for beta testing.

I see. I just thought it would be more beneficial to start to learn the updated version now, instead of waiting until whenever the stuff in beta is made …alpha?

You can definitely go ahead and start going through the new curriculum on the beta site. Lots of people do. I was just trying to address the concept of abandoning your fcc account because once the new curriculum goes live, that is the account that you’ll have.

Ok, thank you very much :grinning:

I’d go through the beta stuff, it’s a little more current then the info live. Even if the challenges won’t transfer and sometimes the ui is still a little buggy the knowledge wont go anywhere.

Working on it now, and this time, I don’t want to quit like I have in the past.