New here First Day

I am choosing to take these courses with hopes of landing a high paying online job by the end of the year.

6 Likes

Hi @valenciaea . I’m in the same boat as you, started one month ago and I hope that by the beginning of 2023 I’ll have a position as a junior dev. Best of luck yo us all!

4 Likes

Hi @valenciaea !

Welcome to the forum!

Just a quick piece of advice on setting job goals :grinning:

For most people, getting a job takes longer than they expect.
It is totally fine if it takes longer to land your first junior dev job.

The most important thing right now is that you build up a really strong foundation in the fundamentals and build some really strong projects outside of a class.

Once you have done that, then you can put together a strong resume and ask for feedback on it.

As I mentioned earlier, focus more on learning well and everything else will work itself out in its own time.

Good luck! :grinning:

11 Likes

Hi @valenciaea, also I’m new here today :relaxed: We can do this! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yes, best of luck to you as well. I am actually really enjoying it so far

1 Like

This was very encouraging. Thank you for your kind words. I have been enjoying learning everything so far. So far so good!

1 Like

Welcome, welcome, WELCOME! You’ve picked a great community to learn with.

Pay us a visit often and let us know how your coding journey develops. Excited to have another eager learner amongst the ranks!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m in a similar sitch. I found myself dropping out of a comp-sci degree because of the stress and finance, but I’m 30% or so through the HTML certification and it’s been a much more relaxed environment (also I don’t have to literally keep stressing about getting kicked out because I can’t pay or about the accumulating debt).

Best of luck to us both!

EDIT: me from the future, it’s been a couple months, very close to earning the front end libraries certificate! I stuck with it! Just do a little very day, guys!

3 Likes

Hello,
I have a bachelor’s degree in Digital Media Arts. I was thinking about going back to school to get my master’s in sociology so that I can teach online as a professor, but I didn’t want to go back to school and get into more debt. I have a friend who went to codesmith and he is traveling around the world making alot of money. I want the financial freedom but I didn’t want to pay for schooling again. So here I am. The thing about codesmith is they have the connections so that you get a job after you are done but thats $12,000 just for a connection. So my goal is to finish learning everything here and network to make those connections and secure a remote position. Maybe even see if my friend can help me although I am going a different route.
Kudos to us for doing it the free way.
Best of Luck to us both. We can do this!

4 Likes

@alfredo.hsh I also brother, it’s my 3rd day here.

1 Like

Today is my very first day and I’d love to know how you’re liking this so far. I am definitely worried about being “over the hill” by this point (50-something). Hope your journey is going well.

2 Likes

Now is better than never. Good luck and happy coding.

Hello, I ended up having a lot of things happen in my life so I slacked off a bit. I am currently on my 3rd project in Responsive Design. Instead of being strict and creating a schedule to work on it. I decided I should just make sure I do it when I can, it works better for my lifestyle. Otherwise, I will get overwhelmed and I want to have fun with this and not be stressed out about it. Since starting, I have now started looking at videos on youtube there are tons of tutorials and it is very helpful because it walks you through the steps. You are definitely not over the hill. You are never too “young” to learn something new. Best of luck to you. I hope to see an update from you soon

Hello World, Thank you for providing me the opportunity to learn something new. What will the future bring? Heading off to my first 300 hour challenge.

2 Likes

How’s it going? I’m just starting now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.