NodeJs + Glitch - only writing author key value pairs - solved

Hi there, I already have knowledges in npm and nodejs and package json, as required on the first lesson - “Add your name to the author-field in the package.json of your Glitch project.”, this is what I did and got on the passing test of freecodecamp

// running tests
Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0
// tests completed

which is quite annoying actually, can someone could help to get a solution for maybe a test error ?
{ "author": "LaurelineLowla", "name": "hello-express", "version": "0.0.1", "description": "A simple Node app built on Express, instantly up and running.", "main": "server.js", "scripts": { "start": "node server.js" }, "dependencies": { "express": "^4.16.4" }, "engines": { "node": "8.x" }, "repository": { "url": "https://glitch.com/edit/#!/hello-express" }, "license": "MIT", "keywords": [ "node", "glitch", "express" ] }

8.x :thinking: Is this valid?

I just took the glich link from the beginning … touched nothing but author

I think here must try to specify the correct version. Example 11.10.1 (latest) or 9.9.0. Maybe it not resolve yout stuck.

even copying pasting their own package.json content and adding author is not working …

What link provide you in the challenge?

they provided a link to Glitch.
But Yoelvis , thanks for helping … I just found the problem which was the link I provided for the solution. I don’t find it quite intuitive but I got there …
I just spend an hour being grumpy for that thing …

Yes. You must provide the link of the glitch app and not of you glitch edit. Note the app links are as awesome-anything.glitch.me

1 Like

thanks for your help :sob: