Page View Time Series Visualizer

Tell us what’s happening:

1. Similar to 3rd project. We not able to get it to run unless we include the description="" seems absence in poetry.lock

2. Then I just keep receving below error.

Link: https://repl.it/@WenYuHo/fcc-time-series-visualizer

1. I once get it to reach the same error as another post by copying his dependencies file, which I dont know why my code couldnt pass. Would like to test more but now all i see is now is error2. Been testing different dependencies but i just cant solve the issue or reach back to error2.
    s
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “C:\Users\tony5\freecodecamp\Data_Analysis_with_Python\Project4\fcc-time-series-visualizer\test_module.py”, line 9, in test_data_cleaning
    actual = int(time_series_visualizer.df.count(numeric_only=True))
    File “C:\Users\tony5\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pandas\core\series.py”, line 112, in wrapper
    raise TypeError(f"cannot convert the series to {converter}")
    TypeError: cannot convert the series to <class ‘int’>
1 Like
  1. I’ve also encountered this issue. Supposedly this is related to repl.it running out of the allocated resources. However there are times when all tests pass without any errors, so I’m not sure if that’s the only reason or are there some additional factors.
  2. This behavior is a bit convoluted and surprising. Make sure that when you are changing data in one of the functions you are doing that on the separate data copy. For some reason this introduces side-effects that seemingly persist between different tests… what is really surprising as one might think unittest will keep tests isolated and not affecting each other…

Addition to 2: Try changing figsize attribute for each plot to something lower. That seem to make repl.it to be in a less murderous mood.

3 Likes

Hi sanity, You been a great help!
Finally gets to pass it.

After modifying all figure size to like 30% of what i had, I can finally reach back to the #3 error.
I was laughing at the runtime

Then i go back to another forum and modify the test-module…which feels weird haha.
#actual = int(time_series_visualizer.df.count()) #original
actual = int(time_series_visualizer.df.count()[0]) #Mikes, working
#actual = int(time_series_visualizer.df.count(numeric_only=True)) #Skys

2 Likes

I am having similar error as above, I used separate data copy on each function, reduced my figsize, yet the error persists as below:

Matplotlib created a temporary config/cache directory at /tmp/matplotlib-ee8eszo1 because the default path (/config/matplotlib) is not a writable directory; it is highly recommended to set the MPLCONFIGDIR environment variable to a writable directory, in particular to speed up the import of Matplotlib and to better support multiprocessing.

If that’s all you are seeing only that text then it’s just warning from matplotlib, everything still should work.

If you still will be having issue with the project, please create separate thread for it, and include either your code or repl.it link to it.