Personal portfolio nav error and profile-link error,and I cant understand whats the problem over two day spend for this pls help me for this

If I press on the red button in the tests modal, I see that the error says:

1. My portfolio should have a link with an id of “profile-link”, which opens my GitHub or FCC profile in a new tab.

Clicking #profile-link should cause a link to open in a new tab : expected ‘false’ to equal ‘_blank’ AssertionError: Clicking #profile-link should cause a link to open in a new tab : expected ‘false’ to equal ‘_blank’

Read that closely - it is telling you exactly what the problem is. When I look at the relevant code, I see this: (expanded for readability):

<a
  href="https://github.com/mohamedsajaath" 
  id="profile-link" 
  target="false"
>view my GitHub</a>

Do you see the issue? When I fix that, the test passes.

See if you can work through the other one. Read through it carefully. This is a more subtle issue. Part of being a dev is paying very close attention to detail.

If you get stuck on that, check back.

2 Likes

Thank You For Your Time Sir, ill Done It. and there’s have a problem nav element ( The navbar should always be at the top of the viewport.) but ive set the position in to top pls can you consult about this sir. thank you.

Sorry Sir I’ve Got It Thank You For Your Help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.