Personal Portfolio Project Feedback!

I finished my Personal Portfolio project, i would like to know what you think about it:

Any recomendations or feedback will be greatly appreciated :grin:

For your projects link it would be better to link here <section id="my-projects"> rather than here <div id="projects"> because where it currently links doesn’t display your projects section header.

1 Like
  1. I’m not super crazy about the hover effect on the nav links. Maybe try something different. If nothing else the hover effect needs a transition in my opinion.

2. I would remove the bullet points from the list or use some other icon/symbol for them. Maybe try a different layout other than just a list? Also, the spacing between the heading, the sub-text, and the list is inconsistent.

3. I would give the #projects a max-width (say 1100px) to make it start out as a three-column layout.

4. Maybe wrap the project-tile in the link so it is clickable and not just the image.

5. The social media icon hover effect is a little janky when hovering off. I’m also not sure it should be an infinite animation. It would be nice if they transitioned back to the initial state when hovering off. Not sure, but it might be better to use a transition so you can have an initial state and a hover state (didn’t test it or think much about it). What I mean is they would spin back to the initial state when hovering off.

6. The visual hierarchy needs some work, that is, font sizes, vertical spacing, etc. Here is an article with a rundown of some common issues worth reading.

All in all, I’d say you did a good job and the page just needs more refinement and some attention to detail. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback @eoja and @lasjorg, very good ideas , i’ll do my best to implement them :grin: