Please test my voting app 😄

Hello all! I’m working on what I hope will be the final adjustments to my voting app, and I was hoping that I could recruit some testers from the forum. :grinning: I would love any feedback that you have, especially bug reports. Here is the link:
FCC Voting App

2 Likes

Can’t register: Error registering user: Invalid input

Tried multiple times, with valid input.

@ZackWard I just register/login then i create new questions. It looks funny :smile:

Everybody can see “my pools” ?

Only registered users get the “My Polls” link, but anybody can click on another user’s username to see a list of their polls.

Thank you! I’ll look into this!

Can you do something with this? To seen everybody “my private pools” ? :blush:

It’s doable. I could add the ability to create anonymous polls. However, I’m not sure if I would want to do that. It isn’t specified in the user stories for the project, and I think having some kind of username attached to the poll encourages good behavior to a small extent. There is nothing preventing users from registering multiple accounts though, if you want to create a poll that isn’t connected to “your” account.

The only reason I can see for this is here in db.js:

if (username.length < 4 || email.length < 8 || password.length < 8) {
            return reject({
                error: "Invalid input"
            });
}

I’m guessing that your password was < 8 characters long. I need to make sure that these requirements are shown on the registration form.

@ZackWard use .maxLength

Yes! It was < 8 characters long.

You should show requirements, yes; on error message, at least.

Ok, I added the input requirements and some fancy bootstrap UI effects to the user registration form. It doesn’t properly validate email addresses, and there are a few other small problems, but it will at least let you know if your input will be accepted by the server. :smile: Thank you for pointing this out @icartusacrimea. Any additional feedback is welcome.

Awesome project. :smiley:
What are you using on the back end?

@Cowwy Thank you! The back end is Express, MongoDB, and the node MongoDB driver.

One thing I noticed when trying to log back into my account was that there was no error message telling me that my username was incorrect. My browser auto-filled the field with my email instead of my username and I didn’t notice at first, so when clicking Log In, it just sat there. After noticing, I put in my username and logged in just fine. Just wanted to give a heads up in case you want to add an error message if the username or password in incorrect. Awesome app though, nice work so far!

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll take a look at that login issue. :smile:

It will be better if you add some animation when click show results.

Good idea, I’ll look into that. :slight_smile: Thank you.

Ok, I’ve added a simple error message when a login attempt fails. Thank you for the suggestion! :slight_smile: