Portfolio project feedback

Hey ! I am new to web development and having good time learning with FCC. I completed my responsive web design section. I would like to have feedback on my portfolio project.
https://codepen.io/ushilpac/full/KKVzOLV

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello @ushilpac,
your Portfolio is great: Responsiveness is good, menus and buttons are well placed, your footer is stacked perfect, I especially like the font of your header text!

Some minor bugs :

1. your navbar is not 100%width when you are under 600px.
  2. When I click on a link in your toggled menu I expected the collapsed menu to shrink out. Instead it stays there and it occupies half screen.

Hey, Your portfolio looks great!
I am building my portfolio now, but i am having trouble to find my previous projects links. How did you do it?
Also, how did you make it like a public website?

Thank you so much for the response.
I think i missed to test the toggled menu on smaller screen thanks for finding it.
I appreciate your time.

1 Like

Hi juliecoffee7020,
I uploaded all my projects on codepen and i assume you too did the same as per the project instruction. you can go to dashboard open the project you want in full view and copy the url which you see on top of the page. link will be same as you see in my post.

Hey there, this is pretty nice. Your color scheme, font choice, and layout are quite nice. Just a couple things.

• First thing a mod will say is to copy and paste your HTML into W3C Validator. Ignore the first warning and first two errors, then fix the rest.

• When you use the links in your nav, not only does it stay open as someone else mentioned, but the section it scrolls to is too low and gets covered by the nav partially.

• Your project cards are not responsive and aren’t centered when they are set in a column.

• When the cards are set in the pairs, the Tribute page and Product page on the left are tucked behind the other cards on the right when the window width is between 992px - 1200px.

• When in the pair format, the pairs are not centered on the page.

Once those things are fixed up the page is going to look great! Keep it up!

Hi

I was not aware of W3C Validator thanks for sharing.
I will try to fix the points you mentioned.
as a beginner i always have hard time to work with images dont know why. its hard for me to display images with out getting blurr and make them 100% responsive :slight_smile:
thank you so much for the review.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @ushilpac. Your portfolio looks okay. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
  • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • All your pages have HTML coding errors you should address.

In addition;

• For the tribute page, review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • For the form;
    • users should be able to click the label to select, not just the radio button / checkbox
    • an id should be unique within the document
    • change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button

Didn’t see a tech doc page

thank you for the review i appreciate.
here is the link for the technical page
https://codepen.io/ushilpac/full/JjYaOLq