Portfolio Review / What you have to do to get more comments?

Hi guys! I would appreciate if you can give me some feedback on my Portfolio
It’s pretty much simplistic. Clearly it’s not meant to be a real Portfolio yet. Had some troubles centering projects in project-section. Anyways your comments are most welcome.

1 Like

Hi,

I really like the card-like projects. Pretty creative; I wish I can think of something like that haha.

Anyhow, it seems the when a card pops up, it blocks the others underneath it. For example, if I open hover over “Technical Documentation”, the two cards in between will be blocked; the only way I can access them is by scrolling horizontally to the last card (Tribute page) or scroll vertically. Maybe this is intentional and real-world behavior, but that’s my personal observation.

Also, there’s a lot of space above “Hi! I am C0dz…Front-End developer wannabee”, and I need to move my eyes closer to the bottom of the screen to read the text. Maybe it’s intentional on your part for stylistic reason.

Yeah, centering is going to be an issue and one reason is you’re using a fixed pixels for the project cards left margin (if I read correctly). It’s going to be a pain to make it responsive too.

On smaller screens (below 430px width), the text in the navigation section overflows and only a small part of the project cards can be seen.

Alright, that’s all I have for my subjective feedback. Hopefully that helps.

@wanzulfikri don’t be so hard on yourself. I am sure that you can!

The cards are meant to be viewed from right to left and one by one. The idea is not exactly like I originally intended it to be but it’s close. I’ve tried not to block the ones that are under but I couldn’t succeed or just didn’t try hard enough. :roll_eyes:

For the welcome-section, I am not sure what you are trying to say. To problem can be screen resolution, different browser and existence of just one media query (small screens problem). For sure, I still have a lot to learn about Responsive Design.

Thanks for your comment I appreciate your words. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe I’m just seeing things. On initial load (with me not scrolling down), the text “Hi I’m…etc” that slides in will be in the middle of the screen, and somehow magically, it’ll be at the bottom of the screen later.

When it settles at the bottom, the main focus seems to be the navigation bar rather than the introductory text which is normally the one doing the welcome. There is a long empty space (maybe 25-50% of the viewport height) between the navigation bar and the introductory text.

Maybe it’s a browser thing, I’m not too sure. Then again, it could be more of a personal preference thing so it’s not a big deal.

In terms of responsive design, one tip I’ve heard is to design your site for mobile first and then desktop. It’s easier to transform a mobile site to a desktop rather than the other way around.

Now I get your point. Although I am not sure what can be the cause of that behavior. It’s worth investigating further. Which browser do you use? I noticed that the website acts differently on Chromium (which I use) and Firefox for example. I suppose some of the website glitches can be fixed by adding more media queries and making a few adjustments.