Posting Solutions

After i solve a problem i like to compare my answer to the solution, and some of the times i think my solution, is pretty good so i wan to post it, to show people an alternative solution. But i can’t seem to post anything, comments or solutions.

Thanks
Atad

1 Like

You can post solutions that invite discussion (like asking how the solution works, or asking about certain parts of the solution). But please don’t just post your solution for the sake of sharing it.

Thanks for your understanding.

If you mean in the challenges guide, it is set that no one can comment or edit at this time.

Why is it not ok to share how, i solved it. I personally had no idea how to solve the problem before I attempted it, and after a lot of work figured it out. And i always compare my solution to the FCC’s to see if we did it the same way or if i could have done a better job, cleaner code. But there are times that i think my solution is better than the ones given and i’d like to share it to help other people who don’t intuitively get the path that FCC took.
plus a few times i came up with cleaner code which

2 Likes

People most commonly come to the forums to seek help with a challenge or with their code. Providing someone the solution directly does not facilitate their learning process, and while that is not your intent behind your desire to share code, we want to limit the number of solution posts to help prevent the disruption of others’ learning processes.

1 Like

if you want to contribute to the Challenges Guide, forum users of level 3 and 4 can answer there.
If you want to suggest how to improve one of the Challenges Guide, be it by adding the hints, or solutions, you can write in the #contributors subforum with your proposed changes and why you think your solution should be added.

3 Likes