Product landing page, layout #1 problem

One last problem I am having difficulty with solving. Can anyone help tell me what is wrong? Thank you-

Hey Ann,

nice to see you again :slightly_smiling_face:

Currently, your nav-links are stacked on top of each other, because you give them position: fixed; top: 0;.

You are on the right track, you can simply make the container of them fixed instead of the single items.

Yes, had a mini break down but I am a fighter! I will try this! Thanks!

1 Like

Did you see I finally finished it! I love working with CSS. However, I think there are kinks or bugs in the codepen. io
After I passed the test I wanted to re-create the page to my aesthetics without having to deal with the codepen requirements. I finally got the page exactly how I wanted it. I saved it. When I came back it did not save. I was so disappointed. I was thinking to do my coding on sublime/atom and then copy and paste them but I am not sure if that will be helpful since I can only test on codepen.
Are you a developer? Have you been doing this long?

1 Like

Thank you for the heart and the love! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

You can run the tests locally just add the script element with the test script to the HTML.

<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>

But to get reliable results you have to serve the page, using something like Liver Server (VS Code extension). That will also give you live-reload which is handy.

What does it mean to serve the page?

It just means the page (or resources) are served by a web server. In this case, it is just a simple local HTTP server used for local development.

Unlike when opening the HTML file in the browser as a file, it will be served on localhost and some port (e.g. http://localhost:5000) so it works a lot like when you visit a web page on the Internet (like this forum) but it is just running locally on your machine.

Glad you came back and managed to solve it :slightly_smiling_face:
Looking forward to seeing your next projects!