Project passes all tests, but is still awful

Hi!

New to web design/html/css/coding here and have been working through the responsive web design course for a couple of months in my spare time. I’m doing the projects at the moments and though I am able to make them pass all tests, they are still visually and functionally pretty rubbish.

My main question is: does this matter?

With most projects I have done in other disciplines there’s a strong emphasis on “killing your darlings”: working really hard on something, realising it’s still not good, binning it, and learning from the process.

I would like to work on other projects, take other courses and learn other languages and gradually approve across the board. However, I am worried if I submit my really ugly projects then they will be something of an albatross around my neck in future. Does anyone actually see these? Can I submit them and keep them private?

Thanks for your help!

There are links to the projects on the certificates so it depends if you wanted to show the certificates to people,

You can also resubmit projects if you make improvements to them later on, assuming they still pass the tests,

You might want to share the projects on this forum, you should get some useful feedback on how you might improve them.

1 Like

Your earliest attempts are always crap. That’s fine. As you gain more skill and experience, you can continue to improve your projects. You can even create entirely new ones and re-submit new links if you want.

2 Likes

There are links to the projects on the certificates so it depends if you wanted to show the certificates to people

That’s basically what I wanted to know. It’s good to know that I can resubmit though. It sounds like I should submit now and then come back later when I’ve improved. Thank you for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.