Quote machine. Could you give a feedback?

Hello :slight_smile: I appreciate your time. It would be great if you have a minute for a feedback. Here is the link:

Quote machine

Hi @gennadiy.w !

I think your project looks good.
I would suggest formatting your code so it is more readable.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback!

Hello @gennadiy.w,

Your project is looking good,
I have a suggestion, The title Quote machine’s color is not in sync with the background color.

Maybe you could visit https://colorhunt.co/ or any other color pallette site so you can find and use amazing color pallettes in your project.

1 Like

Thank you for the link! I’ve changed the colors, but not sure for the buttons. Maybe dark green would be better.

The color contrast is still too low and it can be harder for people to read.

1. If you are using Chrome, Right-click on ‘Quote Machine’ and click on inspect
  2. As shown in the below pic, click on the color box just before hex code (F6D860), A pop up will open

1. As you can see the contrast ratio is too low, to fix this click on the down arrow button(see above image)
  2. Now click on the highlighted button(see below image), it will change the color contrast that matches your background and is more accessible.

Note: this won’t change the hex code in your CSS, you can copy the hex code as highlighted in the below image and replace it in your CSS.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your nice lesson! I appreciate your support! I have fixed the contrast ratio. It should be better now. This feature of Google is great, but when it works correctly. I have chrome (96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on ubuntu 18.04. Perhaps this is a not right OS or it needs to be configured. This contrast ratio checker works wrongly for me. Just compare the values we measured for the same

#f6d860,

the difference is nearly ten times.

This problem was mentioned a few years ago. It was suggested that both parent and child elements should have background-color property. The feature starts to work somehow.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.