React.js or angular

Hello i’am looking to invest some time in a javascript framework i head that react is more for building user interfaces. my question is can one build web apps with node and react or do i need something like angular which is more of a complete framework?

2 Likes

These articles on Quora has a lot of information and respondents on your exact question: Should I learn React or Angular? and Which should I choose for a new web application, AngularJS or Flux React, and why?

4 Likes

I build apps for work now using React and Node. I used Angular 1 in the past and I think React is more flexible and faster and I can navigate through my files better. The only thing that frustrates me sometimes is how much some parts of the library have changed over the last 6-months even, so old tutorials aren’t always accurate. Still, Angular did a much bigger overhaul so I am very happy working with React right now.

3 Likes

Here’s a link of study which was made by Cleveroad Inc.- REACT VS ANGULAR: TWO SIDES OF JAVASCRIPT They describe their own experience

2 Likes

Hi,

Angular is an open-source framework use to create frond-end web development. React is a JavaScript open-source library with a JSX compiler use to construct user interfaces.
Angular is a complete structural framework that is used for developing dynamic web applications. Unlike Angular, React only will not be sufficient to build a complete functional web apps. React requires many libraries to build a complete web application.

Regards,
ReactJS Online Training in India

1 Like

thanks for sharing. i would like to write about it. And i will share here

1 Like

Start with understanding their pros and cons and particular features, there are lots of articles recommended, and here is one more: https://mwdn.com/react-js-vs-angularjs-vs-vue-js-frameworks-comparison/
Then understand your needs, And make a choice.

1 Like

I am learning Angular and it is extremely frustrating… that being said Angular is made by Google and has a HUGE following. Looking at jobs at least in my area I see a lot of companies looking for Angular as a skill. However, a lot of companies say they want experience with Angular, React, or Vue. So YMMV to be honest depending on your area etc. Vue is very simple to pick up and fast to develop in but I have a lot of issues getting components to play nice for some reason.

TL;DR: Angular is a PITA to learn but seems to be very sought after. I will continue to suffer through until I learn it for that very reason.

Cheers!

1 Like

After a lot of consideration I’ve decided to learn Vue.js as my first framework. It’s pretty cool so far (and easy to understand) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Vue.js is easy to learn and can be immediately productive.

Two way binding in Vue.js is quite simple when you use v-model. In React its a long way down.
Vue doesn’t require Webpack.
It’s Guide and API reference are awesome!
Supports server-side rendering, helping you with SEO, and makes your site viewable by people with Javascript disabled.
Vue.js is easy to use and is slowly gaining popularity.
In this blog, I found the information: Angular vs React: Which One is Better?

2 Likes

I think React is the way to go, the StateOfJS Survey (http://stateofjs.com/2016/frontend/) confirms it’s the most popular web framework.

1 Like

A solid break down that includes React, Angular, and Vuejs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMX1mFEmM3E

I’m a big fan of VueJs, but I’m trying to keep my React skills primed too. :slight_smile:

Your link does not work

Weird. Fixed (I think). Thanks for the heads-up.

1 Like

It works now, thanks!

Prompt rendering is among the best features of React that gives a significant edge over Angular. … The core difference between react.js and angular.js is that Reactis JS-centric, while ng2 remains HTML-centric. JavaScript is far more robust, than HTML, that makes React far more simple, focused and consistent

Here are some of the key differences between Angular and React.
Angular is a complete framework while React is a JavaScript Library. Angular uses a two-directional data flow process where it updates the Real DOM directly while React updates only the Virtual DOM and is concerned with the one-directional data flow.
you can also learn from (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/React_(JavaScript_library))

Hello Rigox,
Brief rendering is among the best highlights of React that gives a noteworthy edge over Angular. … The center contrast among reactjs and angularjs is that React js JS-driven, while ng2 remains HTML-driven. JavaScript is unmistakably progressively hearty, than HTML, that makes React unquestionably increasingly straightforward, engaged and predictable

Here are a portion of the key contrasts among Angular and React.

Angular is a finished structure while React is a JavaScript Library. Angular uses a two-directional information stream process where it refreshes the Real DOM straightforwardly while React updates just the Virtual DOM and is worried about the one-directional information stream…please let me know if you have any question or doubt,

Nodejs is used for backend while AngulrJS and ReactJS use for frontend but between them which one you want to use it’s depends on your web app requirements.

Here is Comparison between AngularJS vs ReactJS

• AngularJS is a structural framework for developing dynamic web apps, where React is a javascript library that allows you to build UI components.
  • Angular is based on MVC vs. React is based on Virtual DOM.
  • Angular is based on Typescript where React is based on Javascript.
  • AngularJS does not provide adding javascript library to the source code where React allows adding javascript library to the source code.

Here in this blog, you can read a complete comparison between AngularJS vs ReactJS