Recently graduated web dev student here

Hello all I have already received a full stack diploma from a college. It was an accelerated programme and it was a lot to take in. I graduated a month ago and I haven’t coded since. I guess my brain needed the break. I’m eager to go through the course work here to keep my skills up and maybe learn a few new ones.

One question though, has anyone had issues using VSCode here?

thanks

FCC doesn’t care what editor you use on your own computer. Not quite sure what issues you think you might have using VSCode? Can you elaborate a little more on what you are asking?

Oh its all good. I just started working on this I did not know FCC had its own editor for the coursework

Gotcha. Ya, for the individual challenges you just type or copy/paste the code into the FCC editor. For the projects you’ll do them on your own and then submit links to your finished product.

ah so I can do the projects in VSCode yes?

Yep, you can use whatever editor you want.

Do note that you’ll need to submit a live link to a publicly hosted version of your project, though - so if you are writing your code locally in VSCode you’ll need to host it somewhere (GitHub Pages is a great free option, or you can copy your code into a CodePen).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.