RECIPE BOX, Really need your feedback please! Thanks

HI! I would really appreciate your feedback for my recipe box project. :sunny:

LINK TO LIVE VERSION: Recipe Box Project

CODE: https://github.com/TefiC/react-recipe-box/blob/experimental-style/src/App.js

I used React-responsive to make it completely responsive to all screen sizes.

Thank you so much in advance! :smile:

The pics get a little squished when resizing in certain ways. I think this project rocks overall and the friendly big recipe cards are a major plus. If you spent a ton more time on it I suppose you could think of a way to categorize them in individual boxes, like have a dessert box or a dinner box that the user could name. As far as accomplishing the goal its super user friendly and really cool.

oh also, I don’t know if its just my cookies on my browser but I added a nonsense recipe yesterday and its still there. If you are seeing it on your end, then I guess it would be best to come up with some sort of login system. But seriously, I don’t think you or freecodecamp should expect to make this a Google play ready application or whatever so if you’re happy with it, I say its done!

Hi @officialjohncartel, thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback! I really appreciate it :smile:

I will correct this as soon as possible:

The pics get a little squished when resizing in certain ways

In the future, I will totally incorporate your suggestions on categories for recipes! :sunny:

This:

I don’t know if its just my cookies on my browser but I added a nonsense recipe yesterday and its still there

Is because your recipes are stored in localStorage, you will see the changes you make to the app only on your computer and the changes remain intact until you delete browsing history and cache and cookies.

Thanks again! :sunny:

Re: local storage…That’s some badass advanced type stuff…awesome!

1 Like

@officialjohncartel thank you! :smile: