Responsive Web Design Certification Journal

Hi all,
I’m writing a productivity app to track how much time I spent on each project of the ‘responsive web design certification’ section. I thought that maybe someone will find it useful:

• The app uses localStorage[0].
  • It has a graph (show hours per project):

The link:

Cheers and happy coding :slight_smile:

notes:
[0] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Window/localStorage

Hey, not bad. Just a few suggestions.

• I don’t see a way to add more entries for a day. Are we only allowed four entries per day? If so I would add a way for the user to be able to add more entries.
  • I would put the Project column at the far left before the Start/End columns. If you are using the keyboard it is awkward to have to first pick your project and then shift+Tab backwards to fill in the times.
  • When I click on YEAR in the nav links and then click on the day I want to look at, the date showing at the top is too light gray and I can barely read it. Make sure all your content is readable.
  • I can’t seem to be able to add entries to previous days, only for today.
  • For the calendars on the MONTH/YEAR pages I’m getting horizontal scroll bars. I think you can safely use abbreviations for the days of the week and thus keep the calendars narrower and avoid the scroll bars.

Hi @bbsmooth, Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

I don’t see a way to add more entries for a day. Are we only allowed four entries per day?

Yes, the idea of this app is force the user to focus in the present, so:

• The app opens in the current day
  • If you open the app and do nothing you will end up with an empty day[0]
  • No add/edit/change the past (previous entries)
  • No update button
  • Only 4 entries[1]

I would put the Project column at the far left before the Start/End columns. If you are using the keyboard it is awkward to have to first pick your project and then shift+Tab backwards to fill in the times.

When I click on YEAR in the nav links and then click on the day I want to look at, the date showing at the top is too light gray and I can barely read it. Make sure all your content is readable.

For the calendars on the MONTH/YEAR pages I’m getting horizontal scroll bars. I think you can safely use abbreviations for the days of the week and thus keep the calendars narrower and avoid the scroll bars.

Thanks, I updated the project.

Cheers and happy coding :slight_smile:

notes:

[0] Going through my coding journal, the days with more than 4 entries are the ‘unproductive’ ones. Days where I should have stopped earlier (too tired to think) or where I ended up researching things that were not related to the project I was writing (something that not should be counted in the journal).

[1] I will make empty days gray (to make it easy to spot)

It’s your app so you have the freedom to impose whatever restrictions you wish on people using it. But in general, the more restrictions you impose on the user the less likely it will work for the user and thus they won’t use your app.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.