Responsive Web Design - Personal portfolio page feedback

I finished the Responsive Web Design course.

Could you please check my Personal portfolio page and give your feedback?
I am looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Thank in advance

Happy coding!

1 Like

Hi, thought I’d have a quick look since ive just done mine.

I actually really liked the theme you chose to implement, looks clean, everything was responsive.

The only thing I found was (desktop here on a Mac ) going from full screen resizing manually to the narrowest width the content went tiny. might be my old Mac not liking the scale but see if it does it for you?

I’d be happy with it for sure. obviously I’m not in a position to nitpick so I wont delve into the code lol

happy coding. hope you get some more feedback it all helps the process.

1 Like

Thanks for your time! I will look into it. I do not have a Mac so I cannot tell but I will check on my iPad and see how it looks like. So far, I’ve checked the sites on Windows and a cellphone.

Great work, you have made good use of the space, the colors fit well, and do not have unnecessary elements.
Rightly speaking your portfolio has a good presentation.
Only a very small nuance:

For FCC purposed is good.
But for business use, do not forget to present your projects without the ‘Select Test Suite’. I know is a part of the process, but business people probably don’t, and they may only see the visual side.
Hope this helps. Congratulations.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! I didn’t find how to remove the “Select Test Suite” window. As I passed the tests and got the certification I guess they aren’t needed anymore. Do you know it is done?

1 Like

Glad to see that I could help.
Regarding removing the test suite after passing the projects, I searched more and seems to be some problem. You can check this discussion a month ago: How to remove FCC project test module from my codepen
In any case, you could easy transfer your code to a new codepen.
Congratulations for your certification!

Your portfolio looks good @JFHoffmann. Some things to revisit;

• The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 11/12 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
    • Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • For instance, links to fonts go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Have your projects open in a new tab
    • and this part is minor but it would be better if they opened full screen
  • While a default font does not have to be specified what happens when the font doesn’t load. The user will not see your page the way you want. For instance, if your chosen font is a non-serif font and the font doesn’t load a serif font by default may not be what you want users to see.

Thanks a lot for your comments! I really appreciate your time and help.
Have a great day

Thanks for the link! I will keep it in mind :slight_smile: