Reviews for my SURVEY FORM please:(

I just created my first survey form on responsive web design… I would like some reviews please (:
below is the link to the SURVEY FORM.

https://codepen.io/Olamide977/pen/eYdaWwZ

@Roma just did my SURVEY FORM…Reviews please:(

@divineolamide977, this is not original work. The HTML code is the same as the sample project and the CSS styling only varies in the background.

Once again, do not copy any of the sample code. Changing the text in the h1 and p elements does not make it your own.

• Make the project from scratch, with your own code, style and content. Don’t take code from the sample project.
    • The projects aren’t just another challenge. Each one is meant to be a significant step in your progress. Every project you do will require research, planning, trial and error, and strengthening your skills beyond what you gain from the incremental challenges.
    • The hardest part of coding is looking at a problem and coming up with a plan to solve that problem. Starting out by looking at someone else’s code completely bypasses that step.
1 Like

But i showed some programmers also they told me it’s okay… i did not sample… i just followed the steps…and i tested everything and it’s okay

you have forked the sample project and then made just a few changes.
Please delete that pen and do the project on your own, the Academic Honesty Pledge you need to agree to before claiming a certificate doesn’t allow what you have done, which is use someone else’s code and saying it’s yours

ask one of your programmer friends if they think you have copied it showing the sample project together with your own

Hi @divineolamide977!

The immediate tip offs would be the use of the same class names like these.

class="form-group"
class="form-control"

You even used some of the same comments from the sample like this one
/* mobile friendly alternative to using background-attachment: fixed */

And then there are alot of parts that are just identical like this part

input,
button,
select,
textarea {
  margin: 0;
  font-family: inherit;
  font-size: inherit;
  line-height: inherit;
}

and this

form {
  background: var(--color-darkblue-alpha);
  padding: 2.5rem 0.625rem;
  border-radius: 0.25rem;
}

There are just way to many similarities with the code.

It’s one thing if you admire a design and want to recreate it your own way.

It’s a whole other thing if you just take large chunks of code and pass it off as your own.

I understand that doing projects for the first time can be tough, but it is important for the learning process to build your own work.

It is fine if your first few projects aren’t polished or perfect.
You are new to this.

Just create something that is yours.

Hope that clarifies the issue.

You can actually use code from example codes, but partly.

Always start building from an empty page. If you struggle making a specific change. You can examine other sources and copy from their specific parts to get some results. But never copy most of the project, that won’t help you improve because you wouldn’t be able to learn what you code.

This is my idea.

That is quite a stretch of the word “create”.

At the end of the day, we all want you to be successful in your learning.

But your current approach is not working.

I would restart the project and build it one step at a time. If you get stuck then you can research and ask the forum for help.

okay i will do that and if it works i will tell you
thanks for your help jwilkins.oboe

you are only fooling yourself if you think you achieve something by only modifying the example project instead of creating your own. The real learning edge is when you build it on your own, otherwise its pointless. And on a side note, you even didnt do good job in implementing good color palette

The discussion here is no more productive.

thanks to everyone that commented here and thanks for the corrections also i am delighted… As i go on i shall be sharing my projects. thanks once more!