Say hi to the MWMA FCC community! :D

:question: New to the freeCodeCamp community?
:question: Been working through the FCC curriculum, but need a place to get help and support?
:question: Working in software engineering, and want to add web dev skills to your resume?

You’re in the right place! :heart:

Say hi to the community, and introduce yourself. We all come from such diverse backgrounds, and it will help us get to know you better.

Some ideas:

• Where do you live?
  • What industry do you work in right now?
  • What would you like to learn/what are your goals?
  • How did you find the Meetup group?
  • Have you been to any of the Meetups before? What did you think?

Can’t wait to see you at the Meetup on the first Saturday of the month at 1 PM!

1 Like

For those of you who don’t know @lavieencode, she is amazing. Be sure to check out her awesome podcast: https://www.lavieencode.net/podcast/

I have known Nicole for a long time, and I am excited about everything she has done over the years as a leader of the MetroWest study group.

1 Like

Hi Nicole,

I just found this post and joined the meetup group! I have been doing FCC for a few months now. Currently finishing up the basic JS section of lessons. Loving it so far.

I’m in central MA, working in an unrelated industry and would like to try to switch to software engineering in the next year or two. I have been to a few Leominster Coding Meetups, it is a really good group.

I will try to make it out for the next saturday meeting.

1 Like

Hello. I just want to say hi and thank you for making this. Free Code Camp is awesome and I’m greatly excited to get started. I’m doing the Basic CSS course now. My goal is to build my business website. So, hi! And, thank you! When I was in high school I remember taking a typing class, and then a computer programming class, or maybe it was just a computer class with both typing and some basic programming. Anyway I remember it vaguely, but I never did anything with it. Fast forward a decade and a half and I saw a YouTube Ad from Tai Lopez, I joined his 67 Steps and I decided I wanted to be an entrepreneur, fast forward a few years, and I found a book called The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco, and now that I have ideas and knowledge I need the ability to build my own website for my business so I can have 100% total and full control. So this is great. I’m so excited. I haven’t been this excited about almost anything in quite a while. So thanks! I’m doing it in bite sized chunks. I am making it an absolute that I code first thing in the morning, and the last thing at night so that the coding language literally gets programmed into me. Ok I’ll talk to you guys later!

smiling happy dog