Should I try the javascript30 challenge?

Hi!

I have learned so much javascript now, and I think its time to put it to the test with the javascript30 challenge. The only thing that worries me is that I have heard that you should have some knowledge with ES6. I have very basic knowledge of this topic, but should I give it a try either way or should I do some ES6 exercises first?

He’s pretty good at explaining what he’s doing, I would just dive in, but keep a reference like MDN handy. All the projects are really small and pretty fun, I would just go for it because you’ll likely learn more from doing that than any other way. A lot of ES6 additions are quite subtle/abstract, and often don’t make a lot of sense when you’re just learning the concepts, you need to see them in use to understand why you’d use them, and the 30 challenge is a very good way to do that.

Are you talking about Wes Bos’s 30 day challenge? He’ll take you through everything and you’ll learn some ES6 along the way. Try any youtube ES6 crash course to feel more comfortable before you take it on.