Starting my tribute page

Tell us what’s happening:
do i need to delete the script tag or am i to code under it ?
Also what is meant by an element with a corresponding id?

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.130 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

You code underneath the script.
That is the code for the little three lines on the top left side that tells you how many tests you have passed/failed and what you need to fix or insert to pass.

an element tag are things like…
paragraph
anchor
header
body
h1

and you add an id = “” inside of whatever element they are asking.
example: header id=“header”

Also, you should create a codepen account because these projects are essentially building a portfolio for future employers. I hope this helps. Lmk if I should clarify anything else.

thank you,and yes i created a codepen account .
is something like this correct?

<main id="main">
</main>

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor ( </> ) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

1 Like

ok got it
but i still cant get through the first hurdle , i have created an element with a corresponding id=“mail” as in the code in my previous reply

It’s easiest for people to help you if you post a link to your codepen so that your code can easily be seen. Otherwise everyone would just be guessing.

this is the link to my project -https://codepen.io/grey_being/pen/yLNMGrd

1 Like

The <title> element is a reserved element that comes before the <body> element. It would be found in the <head>. You’re trying to use an element in a way that is not within standards. If you put in a valid element the test will pass.

1 Like