Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Hello! Just started the HTML & CSS classes and I’m very confused as to how to start the code and how to run what I’ve written.

Welcome to the community :smiley:

What you write should show in the preview in the freeCodeCamp editor.

However if your asking how to make your own projects outside of the freeCodeCamp editor.
I’d recommend completing your first two freeCodeCamp Certification Projects first.

Getting used to writing boiler plate and linking your CSS to your HTML files within freeCodeCamp can make it easier.

If your a windows user and want to try it now, Notepad is a simple text editor.
(If you dont use windows, there should still be a simple text editor already on your device, tho I don’t know what it would be called)

Note: Better text editors can be downloaded.
Use a search engine to find out more by searching:
‘text editor’ or ‘IDE’ (Integrated Development Environment)

To create the html file, write the minium boilor plate and save the file with .html at the end

Double clicking the file will open it in your browser

For the CSS file, save it within the same folder as your html file with .css at the end

Now you will need to link the two files together.

You can open the HTML file using right click and choosing the options
‘open with’
‘notepad’

Then edit the HTML file to include the link with the value of the href being the css file name

Notepad is a very basic editor which is ok for learning how to link files together, but I do NOT recommend using it for projects.

Understand the basic structure: HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is used to create the structure and content of a web page, while CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is used to give it style and layout.

Welcome to the community!

Here is an article from the freeCodeCamp news that explains HTML, CSS and javaScript for Beginners. It has good examples, along with the guidance.

Happy coding! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.