Survey Form user story issues

I am having problems with user stories 12-17. After reading numerous threads on this topic, I still cannot find the solutions to the issues I’m having. (ie #13 my radio elements all have grouped names and all have values) Please give this a look-through and if anyone has any tips, would be greatly appreciated!

Link to Codepen here:

Hi! I am just a beginner, but from what I can see I think the problem may be that both your <div id="everything"> and your <div class="basics-container"> close before the form element does. If you try folding them you will easily see what I mean. If you move both the /div closing elements after the /form closing element, you will pass 16 out of 17 tests (at least, I tried that on your pen and it worked).

For the last missing user story, I think your button should have type=“submit”, because type=“button” just makes it clickable and does not actually submits the data. At least, that is what I understood while trying to get my survey form right!

I hope it was helpful, and sorry for my bad English :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Chiara!

First of all, I don’t honestly think you made 1 error in your English, it looks more than fine to me
!

Second, your tips helped me get 17/17, so thank you very much for that!

Do you know why they made the difference? Personally, I don’t see a problem having fixed div sizes, did not think that it had anything to do with the end User Stories.

But done is done! So thanks again! (Not so bad for a beginner :smile:)

1 Like

The problem was not having fixed div sizes but the structure of your HTML

<div class="basics-container">
   <form id="survey-form">
       ... some form content
</div>
    ... some more form content
   </form>

When a browser encounters the above code it will add the closing form tag for you before the closing div the rest of the content is outside of the form:

<div class="basics-container">
   <form id="survey-form">
       ... some form content
 </form>
</div>
    ... some more form content **not in a form anymore** 
   </form>
1 Like

Thanks Steven, that makes it crystal clear!

Thanks @steven_kuipers ! I knew it worked but I could not explain why, so I learned something new too! I am still in that learning phase where I experiment around a lot and see what sticks :joy:

And thank you @Bood04 , I just had a feeling the English in my first message was a bit weird, but I could not pinpoint why :smile: I am glad it worked!

1 Like