Technical docs page feedback

Hello guys. I am done with the tech docs page. The small baby steps seem to be paying off. Please take out few minutes of your precious time to give me feedback. On everything: the colors, the design, the functionality, i want all of it. thanks My tech doc page

1 Like

You forgot add a link to your demo :wink:

2 Likes

Eeeish. my bad thanks a loads

I like your styles, it’s clean and modern :slight_smile: I would change few things.

• Give some paddings to the items in your navbar and title. They stick too close to the left.
  • Try making entire menu box clickable for navigation instead of just texts.
  • Format your code blocks. They have inconsistent spacings.
  • On mobile views, your content gets set back behind the nav menu.

Good luck :+1:

1 Like

Looks pretty laconic. I would advise you to change the fonts, center the labels on the navigation and make some kind of hover effect.

I work in a printing house and am a little familiar with the design of printing, I think this knowledge can be used in web design.

By the way, I can advise a resource for selecting a color scheme.

1 Like

@alara_joel_stealth I say that you need to add more content. It appears to be unfinished. The text in the menu in touching the edge of the screen. Add padding or margin to fix that. Make the font bold and increase the size of the font in some places. You can get inspiration from other technical documentation that you find visually appealing.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you so much. But there is actually a lot of content when you click the nav-links. Like a whole lot
Also @shimphillip thanks I totally agree with you.
But for the pre-tags this is like the best formatting I could get AND I also tried to make it Responsive.
Meanwhile the content in mobile display was a workaround since i was’nt getting a clean way to make the nav links jump correctly with the sticky nav on top.
Once you scroll up the contents comes into view. What fix do you suggest

Thank you very much will really work on it tommorrow
Also I am aboiut diving into graphics design, so i am sure it will help. I do need some help with color theory

1 Like

Yes, I see there is a lot more content. I did not click on the links. Silly me.

1 Like

I added padding like this to your project.

#navbar li {
/* padding: 20px 10px 20px 0; */
    padding: 1rem;
    font-size: 20px;
    list-style-type: none;
    border: 1px solid #f4f4f4;
}

This is just an opinion of how I think it could improve.
Setting pixels is not great for responsiveness. Pixels remain the same size on most screens.

1 Like

Waoo would look into that immediately thank you

It looks way better already. Will have to do lot’s of trouble shooting and fixes tomorrow