Technical Documentation Page - project feedback

Hi freecodecampers!

I have finished the Technical Documentation Page, and I would love to hear some feedback. I struggled a lot with the flexbox aspect of it, but in the end I made it work.

Codepen: https://codepen.io/Darthcolo/pen/jOBBqor
Live page: CSS Technical Documentation
GitHub: GitHub - Darthcolo/freecodecamp-04-Technical-Documentation-Page: FreeCodeCamp project #4 - Technical Documentation Page

Preview:

Your page looks good @Darthcolo. Something to revisit

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s). (Be wary of creating mulitple selectors. It can make maintenance hard)
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)

A suggestion, I see this a lot with this project. This is one where you may want to search for scroll-behavior and see what it can do for you.
It does make for a nice transition from one section to the next when clicking the links.

1 Like

Thank you @Roma ! I implemented the scroll-behavior: smooth on the page and it works perfectly! Such a nice effect. I didn’t know about this property.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.