The most effective way to develop a Web Application (Rails, Django, Wordpress, Squarespace, Wix, Laravel)

PLEASE ASSIST!

I’ve done some research, but I’m still a little confused by the variety of choices for creating a web application and how to choose one.

The app’s main purpose is to streamline/automate business processes and act as the main database, and it includes the following features:

1. Different user accounts have their own secure login scheme (admin, owner, general, etc.).
  2. Documents may be uploaded, edited, deleted, and shared.
  3. Calendar activities can be shared, and data/information can be stored, categorized, filtered, and viewed
  4. Views on smartphone, notebook, and desktop are all supported
  5. Users and companies will be able to pay a monthly subscription fee.

I’m familiar with HTML, CSS, and Python, but I’ve never worked on anything like this before.

I’ve come across the following choices, but I’m not sure what the differences are or which one will better fit my requirements.

1. Wordpress, Drupal, and Joomla are examples of content management systems (CMS).
  2. Drag and Drop WYSIWYG - Squarespace, Wix, Weebly
  3. Ruby Rails and Django Python are two common coding languages.

I don’t have much coding experience, but I haven’t been able to find much information on how to use a CMS or a Drag and Drop editor to build a mobile APP rather than just a website.

Any advice/suggestions on which system to use, how to get started, useful resources/examples, or other relevant details would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I’m no expert here, but since no one else has take a shot…

What you are trying to do is somewhat complicated. If your tech base is HTML, CSS, and Python, then that isn’t enough. If you add Django for the backend and JavaScript for the frontend, then it gets possible. Another option is to have something like firebase (or AWS, etc.) handle your authentication and database need.

How soon is this needed? Is this something necessary for your business or just an idea that you have?

If you want to do this yourself, there will be a lot of learning ahead. If you need it quickly, you may want to consider hiring someone.

Something like WordPress (or Wix, etc.) may be a good compromise - you might be able to get something up and running with those. I don’t know, I’ve never used them, but it seems reasonable. There are a lot of templates for these and you might get something close to what you need. You might be able to find someone to build/adapt it - I think WP developers are cheaper than software developers, afaik.

As to “Drag and Drop editor to build a mobile APP” - that is a separate thing. Building a mobile app is it’s own thing. A simpler option is to just have them hit your web site from their mobile devices.

Again, I’m no expert, but your post looked lonely.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.