The Objective of Software Development is Software Development

Software design/development methodology is a broad term that means “the methods used in designing and developing software”. Examples frequently cited are waterfall, prototyping, iterative development, spiral development, test driven design, agile, kanban, cowboy coding (perhaps another name for your Flow?) and a million other methods/techniques/processes/etc.

I never said that agile/scrum does not increase the number of meetings. I said TDD does not increase the number of meetings.

Not interested in any of this stuff. I just like writing rock-solid software.

As for Flow, I’ve already written all I want to say on Medium but I’m not allowed to post links to it here for some reason.

I’m too old for all this nit-picking and I only work solo so it doesn’t really matter to me anymore.

if you are not interested in hearing what others have to say, is there something in particular you want to obtain from this thread?

Also, I have to disagree a bit about Flow… yes, it’s a magnificent state, but I prefer the general “Deep Work”, which includes also the boring parts, the struggle, the grinding to learn new stuff - which is when there is improvement.

2 Likes

Not anymore.

It’s almost 3AM here so I am out.