Tribute Page - Any feedback/thoughts welcome

Hi, I’m very new to this and have just completed my tribute page,

Link: http://codepen.io/char502/pen/GWOXyG

I would welcome any comments, thanks,

Charlotte

Congrats Charlotte, it is very nicely responsive , great job!! if this is your first webpage it is a really nice job!!

Thanks Andrei - I did spend quite a bit of time on the responsiveness - thanks for noticing :smiley:

Charlotte,

Love the work and the topic (tribute). How on earth did you figure out how to center the bullet points on the page…I’m trying offset, col #'s etc, etc. Can’t seem to sort it but yours looks great!

Nice job.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback :smiley:

If you notice in settings, you have bootstrap 4 loaded by default, I struggled to make it work with version 4 so reverted to version 3.6 and it seemed a lot easier to define columns and offsets,

Good luck!

Charlotte

Great work and awesome job, one small tweak if I may border-radius on your pic as will make image to page pop better check it out let me know besides that great job!

Congrats on finishing the project!

I noticed you have your images staggered with float left and right. I think we should prioritize being able to read the text well, so why not float both to the right?

Best of luck! :slight_smile:

Hey, nice idea, i gave it a go, I gave all images and the quote border a 10% border-radius to match the jumbotron container, now it all looks consistent, thanks for the suggestion! :smiley:

Hi Zach,

Thanks for the suggestion, I experimented with the variations then thought all the text together was a bit hard on the eyes, I wondered if it would be better to use the images to break the text up a bit?

You are so right. Geez! Perhaps they’ll update the demo with version 4 :wink:.

Thanks

Excellent tribute page. The format looks consistent and for me it’s easy to read. I think it was a nice touch to match the green border with the green background of the picture.

Or better still, bootstrap will evolve so centering (and other basics) become easier to implement - we can hope :smiley:

Thanks Adam, I appreciate the feedback :smiley:

(delayed because I couldn’t post more on my first day)

Thanks for the reply. I played with the alignment here and just changed ti to aling_right.

I feel like the nature of a time line kind of demands some linearity. While I think that rhythm you accomplished before and breaking up is good in an article of a blog, I can’t help that it detracts from the goal of the timeline.

Your code was so easy to edit by the way!

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time, yes i see your point, that does look cleaner, i admit i have an underdeveloped eye where design is concerned.

re my code being easy to edit are you saying that’s a good thing? (Again, bear with me, i’m a beginner :slight_smile: )

Yes, I was complimenting your code. It was easy to read. :slight_smile:

Cool, thanks for the support :slight_smile: