Tribute page, can't offset columns?

Hey everyone,

I’m nearing the end of my tribute page and I can’t seem to figure out how to offset my “facts” section. I got the col-md-8, but then the col-md-8-offset-2 doesn’t seem to push it over at all?

Here’s my codepen if anyone want’s to take a look, the particular section I’m referring to starts on line 22.

Thanks!

1 Like

Changing the Bootstrap version should solve it:

EDIT:
In Bootstrap 4 you should use .offset-md-* instead of .col-md-offset-*.

2 Likes

That’s perfect!!! Thanks for letting me know! I thought I was going crazy for a while there…

1 Like

Ah Ok, that’s good to know, thanks for the tip. I guess the new way simplifies it a bit.

For a second question, do you know what’s happening that I can’t add space between the photo and the facts section? I tried br, but it doesn’t seem to have an effect… Should be line 20.

You could use:

.img-thumbnail.text-center{
  margin-bottom: 20px;
}

Note: It would be better to give this div an extra class name and use that class name in your css. Just in case you have another .img-thumbnail.text-center which shouldn’t get a margin-bottom.

That is nuts. Sure they had good reasons, but that seems like a big change. That drove me crazy. Thanks.

Blime! thank you for this question and answer!! I feel both your sanity-questioning there!!

Hi fellow coders,

It still doesn’t work for me, could someone please tell me what am I doing wrong?

Here is my codepen:

See the Pen QMrRrR by Jason Cobb (@jasonfengcobb)