Tribute Page: Codepen issue

I’m just starting the tribute page project. I followed the link for the codepen template and I read the instructions in both the html and the JS editors; specifically the part that says “Select the project you would like to complete from the dropdown menu” but there is no dropdown menu anywhere on this page. I cannot figure this out. I’ve logged out of free code camp, created a profile and then logged out/logged in of codepen, I’ve tried using 3 different web browsers, I’ve tried using a different laptop, and many other things. I have spent hours trying to figure this out but I cannot. Has anyone had this same / similar issue and resolved it? Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/95.0.4638.54 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

You didn’t provide a link to your pen so I can only guess.

If you forked the pen you’ll see a green hamburger menu in the upper left of your pen. Clicking that will give you access to the dropdown.

If you did not fork the sample pen then you just have a blank page and you’ll need to add the CDN link that was in the instructions. That is, add the following as the first line in codepen’s HTML editor
<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>
You’ll see the green hamburger menu in the upper left of the preview.

I think you did not enter the template ,here is the link for it

On my end the projects are showing up.

you can fork the example to your code pen then remove the CSS and the HTML code keeping the JS, this is easier and faster in solving, also don’t forget to rename the example

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.