Tribute Page Feedback - FOB

Hi, please share your thoughts and tips with me about this page. Thanks! Tribute Page - FOB

1 Like

I love the background! I think it would have been nice to see this full image and then get into the text of who everybody is instead of it layering on top of one another. Also, I would’ve chosen a more monochromatic color scheme, maybe sticking around the purples to make everything look a bit more modern. But overall this was nice work and I got some new ideas from looking at what you created! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums @idankor93. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • link” is not accessible
  • It’s very hard to tell there is even a link for the user to click. Be wary of changing a links default color
  • Use a good contrast checker. Purple on black is hard to read and looks blurry, dark blue on black does not offer good contrast either.
  • On small screens the only legible text is “fall out boy”. Everything else is too tiny.
    • Think about stacking the images and increasing the size of the tribute info
  • What is the image that isn’t loading and that has no “alt” text?

Thank you :slight_smile:
I wasn’t sure how exactly to make the background image but I just decided and rolled with it… ><
I did have some trouble with the colors, I hope I solved it. ><

Thank you,
I followed the directions :slight_smile:
The links were super helpful!
I had some difficulties with the different screen sizes…
For a reason I’m not sure of the image loads only sometimes, I hope the new image won’t do troubles.
If possible, I would like to hear your thoughts again.
(I hope I didn’t miss anything)

@idankor93, very nice job cleaning things up.

Look forward to seeing your next project.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.