Tribute page feedback? Validator problem

Hello, I’m pretty new to freeCodeCamp and just finished my first tribute page! Just wanted to get some feedback and help. I know there isn’t a lot of content on the tribute page, but I just wasn’t sure what else to put on there. Also, I put my HTML code into the validator at The W3C Markup Validation Service and I get an error that says “element head is missing a required instance of child element title”. I’m just stumped on how to fix it. I would really appreciate feedback/help. Thank you!
https://codepen.io/Hareta16/pen/LYjEzGO

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @hareta16. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • here” is not accessible
  • It’s a nit. You don’t have to change it if you don’t want to. Normally on the printed page, the title of a movie, a book, etc is in italics, without the quotes.

As mentioned, with codepen you only need to include the code that would go between the body tags.
When done correctly I tell people that when running code through the W3C validator they can skip the first warning and first two error messages.
Review this for an understanding of the HTML boilerplate tags and how you would correct the issue you’re seeing.

1 Like

Thank you @Roma for the feedback! I appreciate the advice that you gave me and I believe I managed to implement them here https://codepen.io/Hareta16/pen/LYjEzGO . I don’t know why I thought to use quotes for the titles lol. Once again, thank you for your time.

Looks good @hareta16.
Look forward to seeing your next project. Have fun!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.