Tribute Page | Project Feedback

Hi everyone,! My first post here, so be gentle!

I’d really appreciate your feedback on my tribute page please.

Welcome to the forums @llamaffama. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should address.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.

It looks nice, but the font size in the left section looks too small

Thanks @Roma, really useful feedback! I think I’ve addressed everything now.

I’m not sure if I’m using the validator correctly - If I check by URL, I get errors that seem to apply to the Codepen code. I got a green light by pasting my code directly, but this is tricky as I needed to fill in the boilerplate code. Is there a better way?

@llamaffama, the copy/paste works best. Doing it that way you’ll get one warning and two errors. They’ll be the first three that you see, and you can ignore them because you know why you’re seeing them. It’s the other HTML errors you really need to be concerned with.
Good job cleaning things up.
One last thing. I seem to recall the test script was there otherwise I would have mentioned;
Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).

• The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.

@llamaffama, one thing I just thought about. If you want to cut/paste with all the boilerplate code, codepen can provide you with that.
In editor view, click on the export button and save the zip file. When you unzip it, the files in the dist folder will have all the boilerplate code that codepen adds behind the scenes.

The export is exactly what I was looking for, thanks for all your help @Roma

1 Like