Tribute Page Review & feedback

Hello everyone,

I have finally created my first web page. Your feedback, criticism, and hints on this project are highly appreciated.
(https://codepen.io/umaobinna/full/NWbdKaj)

Regards

Welcome to the forums @umaobinna. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>)
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 8/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
    • Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to aquire as a developer.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • for more details” is not accessible

I really like the color scheme and overall layout! I would suggest putting a max-width on your image because it looks stretched and pixelated on a full screen window. Cheers!

1 Like

I really appreciate the feedback. I still don’t know how to include test script on codepen. kindly assist in giving details on how to go about it

Regards

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into it

Regards

Be signed into codepen when you fork the sample project and the test script will be in the HTML editor portion for you.
If you opt to create a pen in codepen then you can take the script and paste it into the top of the HTML editor.
This is explained in each of the project instructions.

Once it’s there you’ll see a hamburger menu in the upper left of the preview. Open it, select the appropriate project then run the test suite.

Changes have been made. kindly check through

Regards

Nice job cleaning things up @umaobinna. Page looks good.

A couple of suggestions. You don’t have to do them.

• Codepen has a button that lets you format the code in the editors. Click on the chevron in the upper right, then click the format. It makes reading code much easier.
    • you can also set it up to do it automagically when you save. Select ‘Settings’ → ‘Behavior’ then click the toggle for ‘format on save’
  • Since you have bold dates and each item of your tribute list is bold, maybe think about getting rid of the bullets.

Thanks for the support. changes have been made based on the suggestion given.
kindly check through.

Regards

1 Like

Looks good @umaobinna. Look forward to seeing your next project.

Happy coding!