Tribute page to Stan Lee --> Feedback welcome!

Hello fellow coders!

This is my 1st time writing on the forum. I just completed my first FCC project! I decided I wanted to build a grid website and after days struggling with bootstrap, I gave up on it and went with pure CSS. So much better, so straightforward!

I spent hours reading and learning about the new feature CSS Grids to create my responsive site. It scales and things change position depending on how big the screen is! I’m really proud of my first website!

I welcome any feedback and tips you might have to help me improve :slight_smile:

EDIT: I continued working the design part and replaced the radial burst background for a cleaner solid color! Updated the screenshot uploaded too.

5 Likes

This is actually really awesome. I wish I had more feedback but I LOVE this. Great tribute to a comic book writer. Grade A.

Thank you @ItsRoyal! Your words made my day! :sunrise_over_mountains:

1 Like

Hello,

This looks really nice! I just finished my tribute page as well so do not have a lot of technical knowledge to give feedback, however I loved it and thanks! It helps me to push myself more to complete my own!

1 Like

Congratgs and great use of the grid system and in so doing eliminating the use of a bloated CSS framework (e.g., bootstrap).
Overall I think this is a stunning layout and defs one of the best tribute pages I’ve seen so far.

Observations & Suggestions

• The images aren’t loading at the moment but I assume you’re busy working on it.
  • For the quote box “With great power comes great responsibilty.” a bit of creative typography might help it stand out better, maybe a larger font size, italic slant, larger line height and lastly a lighter text color, the dark blue feels a bit hard on the eye.
  • Your links has no micro interaction, maybe at least add color change on hover.
1 Like

Thank you so much for your feedback! I have changed the links and played a bit with that quote. I actually finished this project about 6 months ago, and I just moved on to other things, without ever coming back to review this one. Now I feel like going back to all my projects and updating everything hahaha!

Most importantly: I was not aware the images were not loading, I have fixed it now :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

:rofl: That’s developer syndrome, we can’t help ourselves to always wanting to rewrite and improve.

Have fun, and thanks for fixing the image links :slight_smile:

This is what I like:

• You didn’t need to use bootstrap!
  • Montserrat, such a lovely font.
  • is that flex and css grid? wow!
  • Nice use of letter-spacing
  • I never tried using word-spacing. But, thanks for showing me how this looks.
  • good color choices
  • number of colors used. again good, not too many, not too few.

Overall, Excellent work.