What is the right order to study in Javascript course?

Right now, the order is like below :

• Basic JavaScript
  • ES6
  • Regular Expressions
  • Debugging
  • Basic Data Structures
  • Basic Algorithm Scripting
  • Object Oriented Programming
  • Functional Programming
  • Intermediate Algorithm Scripting
  • JavaScript Algorithms and Data Structures Projects

When I finished the Basic JavaScript section, the second is ES6 that using many knowledge in the sections below it,

That make newbies so confused,

So can you guys change the order reasonably so it can help newbies more,

Thanks,

From the FAQ:

Should I complete all of the coding challenges in order?

We’ve put a lot of thought into how we introduce concepts. But you’re free to jump around.

Yes I read it before, but the problem is almost every newbies will flow the order, they get stuck and have no idea what to do, where to jump,

Many exercises using knowledge in the sections that below ES6 like Debugging, OOP, etc.

I hope admins and mods will take a look on it and some changing will help newbies more,

You could try something like this:

Basic JavaScript
Basic Data Structures
Basic Algorithm Scripting
ES6
Regular Expressions
Object Oriented Programming
Functional Programming
Intermediate Algorithm Scripting
Debugging
JavaScript Algorithms and Data Structures Projects
2 Likes

In my humble opinion, the best step to start with Javascript is this free book you should read in a browser
https://eloquentjavascript.net/

It’s not the latest tutorial on youtube, but it’s a very good start :slight_smile:

And if you still have motivation after this book, watch this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv_5Zv5c-Ts (3.5h)

1 Like

There is a major overhaul in the works for Free Code Camp. I’m not sure if the order of the JavaScript challenges will be changed, but I’m confident that more lessons will be added and existing ones will be improved based on what we have heard from campers in the last couple years.

If you would like to contribute to the effort of building a better curriculum you can start here:

2 Likes

Thanks, I studying Debugging right now, and it’s quite easy, so base on your recommendation, I think the order should be like this to help newbies more :

Basic JavaScript
Debugging
Basic Data Structures
Basic Algorithm Scripting
ES6
Regular Expressions
Object Oriented Programming
Functional Programming
Intermediate Algorithm Scripting
JavaScript Algorithms and Data Structures Projects

The deadlock is some basic knowledge on ES6 that are used on Debugging section, (also some knowledge on OOP are used on ES6) so, it’s kind of a chicken and egg loop :smiley:

And We newbies have to search more outside to fill the gap,

2 Likes

Thanks, I will study more from that book,

Seems to be a good order, actually