What is your favorite coding/programming language or framework/library ? [POLL]

What is your favorite coding/programming language or framework/library ?

Select a maximum of three and click vote :slight_smile:

• HTML
  • CSS
  • JavaScript
  • jQuery
  • Angular.js
  • PHP
  • Ruby
  • Python
  • Perl
  • SQL
  • C++
  • C#
  • Java
  • Haskell
  • Go
  • BASIC
  • PowerShell
  • MongoDB
  • Not lisited ? Comment below

0 voters

Sorry I couldn’t add more than 20 options

3 Likes

I think better is to ask:
What is your favorite programming language or framework/library ?
Because Angular.js is JavaScript framework and jQuery is JavaScripts Library.
Library vs. Framework

5 Likes

I don’t have any experience really with Angular, so really can’t vote on a framework, But I sure would give jQuery a two thumbs up.

1 Like

Voted for Python here. Every time I look at Python code I think how beautiful it looks, and how easy the code is to follow. Unfortunately everyone else in my office uses Perl, which even with best practices doesn’t read quite as nicely.

3 Likes

For almost a year, I am working with Swift. Since last year by this time it developed a lot as a programming language and now it is clearly my favorite. It is very robust and easy to learn.

1 Like

Yup, would of been good to include Swift on this list.

1 Like

Python is the first language I learned to do anything meaningful with, and it is always first in my heart as well!

NodeJS? IBM has listed Java / Swift / NodeJS as the three main areas of focus for them. Also mentioned were Python and Ruby. Python of course is going through a wonderful growth spurt again, so that makes me happy. I have a soft spot for that language and always wish it well come whatever new languages.

Laravel would have to be my favourite framework; that comes under PHP though.

I had swift on the list but the poll allows a ma of 20 options … If you guys give me a few more options I will add another poll to this topic with the new options

Would be better to have one poll with more than 20 options :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying playing with Elm & Elixir. If you’ve wanted to try out functional programming but Haskell syntax scares you I’ve found them to be good introductions.

1 Like

Favorite language here personally is C, its a shame its fallen out of favor so much :frowning:

1 Like

By every measure C is still among the most used programming languages out there. IEEE and Tiobe both place it at #2, and PyPL has it at a good # 8, but that is because of lower activity on GitHub I assume. And it, along with Java, will be useful for sometime to come :+1:But personally I am not sure when or if I will try learning it…

2 Likes

HTML is not a programming language, it’s a markup :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ever looked at Ruby / Crystal?
Rubys syntax is the most beautiful I know.

Same with CSS and SQL…

Favourite language: TypeScript. I feel that TypeScript could easily overtake plain ES6 in the next few years. Favourite framework: Angular. An incredible platform with cutting edge tech. Favourite back end: Node / Express.