What Would You Do?

Hi!

I’ve been here a few days and completed the ‘Basic HTML and HTML5’ section. Feel like I picked it up pretty well but there’s no way I could go and create a simple page/project off the top of my head.

I’m a complete newbie to coding in general so do you think I should go back over the section or keep pushing on to the next section?

Thanks

Hi @Nuttsy !

Welcome to the forum!

It is completely normal this early on in your journey to not know how to create web pages yet.

I would just keep learning and going through the curriculum. Once you get to the end of the responsive design section then you can test your skills with the 5 projects.

Just keep going and learning!

1 Like

Nice one, cheers :slight_smile:

Hi, when I first began learning, I set aside a small txt file, and I added every element I learned about into it, along with a comment on what it is. It formed something like a template for a webpage. When I started learning about CSS, I used the things I learned about CSS as content and formed that template into an actual page (albeit very primitive). Example:

<!--html5 standard, good form to include-->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<!--all html elements go in here-->
<html>
    <!--all metadata (tab title, style element, imports etc)-->
    <head>
    </head>
    <!--contains content visible to users-->
    <body>
        <!--header element that notes hierarchy of content, is automatically bolded.-->
        <h1>Hello World</h1>
    </body>
</html>
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.