Where can I get a job with Free Code Camp Certificate?

While I know that a college degree is important to get a proper Dev job, I was wondering whether I could get some gigs online with just freecodecamp certs.

Just to earn some money as a student.

I have absolutely no experiencing working.

If that’s not possible what would be the next step after completing the curriculum in order to be able to freelance a little?

1 Like

While I know that a college degree is important to get a proper Dev job, I was wondering whether I could get some gigs online with just freecodecamp certs.

The certs themselves wont get you jobs automatically, you still need to do the work required by most freelancers, such as finding jobs, competing for those jobs, managing your client(s), doing the work and handing off your work.

You could use the cert when marketing yourself, but not everyone knows about freeCodeCamp, and thus it might be better to just market what you’ve done while learning FCC.

I have absolutely no experiencing working.

Any experience is better than no experience, even if you aren’t getting paid (IE you work for free) you can get the experience which may be more useful down the line than just getting paid for doing a job. You could do odd jobs for free for local businesses, friends or family.

Another perspective is that having any kind of job, even a non-developer job, is a plus when applying for jobs down the line. I’ve heard of many stories where brilliant students are hired as entry level devs and are unable to adjust to a working environment simply because its their first job. Any job, even a minimum wage job is experience, something like a cashier will teach you valuable skills useful in plenty of other jobs, even if it has nothing to teach you development wise. (this also doesn’t really include the risk involved in such a job with the current pandemic, but is just given as a “classic” example)

If that’s not possible what would be the next step after completing the curriculum in order to be able to freelance a little?

If your goal is to learn web development to end up freelancing, I suggest looking into freelancing now. More with the goal of understanding the market, what is required and what systems are out there for you to find work. This will also give you an idea of what people are charging, as it also could be possible from where you live, the cost of living could be way past what you could make freelancing, as your competing with people all around the world.

Good luck!

2 Likes