Where did the Non-profit coding section go?

I am currently doing the original curriculum and I just noticed that the Non-profit / greenfield etc. section went away. Can I still get these experiences when I finish the curriculum? Part of the reason I’ve been pursuing FCC is the ability to do these non profit coding for real world experience, so I’m wondering if it’s still possible to do that

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that too. Full Stack certificate is also gone. What’s happening?

I haven’t seen an official comment on this, since May:

That said, Open Source For Good is a nonprofit (so is FCC itself now). Listed under the Open Source For Good section is a list of ongoing projects. The idea here is to create free, open source tools and utilities that are designed for the needs of nonprofits in general. Rather than making custom web applications for individual nonprofit organizations (something that requires a crazy amount of man hour overhead and logistical wrangling), Open Source For Good can offer tools that would normally be expensive or not well suited to nonprofit needs.

As for the “Claim your full stack certificate” link, if I had to guess I’d say that there probably just didn’t seem to be a great place to put it on the map right now. If you want to search around in the GitHub repo, I’m sure that you could find an Issue that includes the discussion of how the Nonprofits section was modified.

2 Likes

Hi ArielLeslie, I am also interested to know what happened as I am starting in the open source for good. I’ve noticed that the map changed in the old version (I have access to open source for good, nothing about the full stack certificate so also wondering how I will unlock the interviews), however the beta map still shows non-profits and full stack certificate.

Everything I know about the situation is in my post above.

I just wrote a comprehensive explanation of these updates here: freeCodeCamp's new certificates - here's how we're rolling them out

3 Likes