Who wants to join me for Eloquent JS journey?

Hey @Stivis, I’ve recently started reading Eloquent JavaScript! Is it too late for me to join you guys?

It’s not late. We are all on different chapters of the book. You are welcome to join us :slight_smile:

Thx! Could you send out another link to your slack room? I tried the one above but it says that it’s expired.

Can’t wait to start!

Send me your email in the message so i can add you. I am not able to resend link

I’ve been working on the challenges for EloquentJS this last month and wanted to share my setup for going through the book. I’ve read through Chapter 5 and am working the challenges on a Codepen. I’m trying to setup learning similar to any other school course I’ve taken, instead of just blowing through the reading, so I’ve also been writing “two-column notes” in a five star notebook. It’s great for reviewing all the concepts. I also have the chapters listed in an Evernote file, so I can remember where I’m at between all the JS projects I’m learning with!

Eloquent JavaScript

• [x] 1. Introduction
  • [x] 2. & Ex: Basic JavaScript: values, variables, and control flow
  • [x] 3. & Ex: Functions 8/21/17
  • [x] 4. Data structures: Objects and Arrays 8/26/17
  • [x] 5. Values, Types, and Operators 8/29/17
  • [ ] 6. Program Structure
    … etc

It’s been a very interesting read so far so good job to all who are taking it on!

I’m working on the exercise for Chapter 4 right now. It’s definitely a challenge, but it’s a good one. I’ve noticed that not very many people are in the chat rooms all that often.

I’ve actually thought about starting a repository on GitHub so that we can communicate via issues, but I thought that might be a little bit overkill. What do you guys think?

Hey, are people still working on reading this book, or has this group fizzled out? I’m currently at the end of Chapter 7.